Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I found a notebook today from 2002 and it contained pictures and thoughts on women's creative spaces.....I did a double take as that is exactly what I have been thinking, reading and searching lately.....I found an awesome magazine on the subject "Where Women Create" and it is full of ideas and interesting stories about different creative people. I have been changing my own workspace recently....It seems every so often I need to change things around depending on my interests at the time and how I am feeling about my space.... I am the most pleased with it right now that I have been in a long time......It has become a haven and nurturing environment and I found myself retreating to it as often as possible. Even my animals, Simon (A Russian blue) and Daisy (A Havanese) hang out in here as long as I am here and often when I am not.....It's comfortable and has everything I need to knit, spin, scrapbook, comprise art journals, embroider, sew or read.....I even have an exercise bike that I can ride and watch TV or knit at the same time........or play on the internet..... I love the idea of women having their own space.....Men don't seem to have a problem carving out a space for themselves why do women? I know that it is hard to find that space sometimes but I do believe everyone needs somewhere that is their own even if it's a closet......I have used closets in the past and find they can be quite effective......It's all about being creative and taking care of one's inter dreams and directing those God given talents...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to visit. I enjoy reading and appreciate so much your comments.