Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Being Still

January 5, 2010
Yesterday was a wonderful catchup day....stayed in my sweats all day; cooked soup, knitted, and read.
It was very cold outside so another good reason to stay inside with the fireplace going strong......
I am reading "God Guides" by Mary Geegh....A very insightful book.  One thing she said in it that caught my attention yesterday was "God has the plan which He will give to the listening man? "Being still, being guided, and obeying which brings me to the being still part.  Why is that so hard?  I think for
me I want to be about what I want to be doing rather than listening to what God might want to say to me.  I obviously forget He is the creator of all and that I should stop dead in my tracks if I should think for a moment that the almighty God would want to spend time with me....
So, one thing I really want to work on in 2010 is being still and hopefully out of that will come obedience......
I am just about through with this pair of socks......and plan to start a pair of fishing socks for my hubby.
He thinks I am never going to knit him a pair so I have to start to prove to him I will....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to visit. I enjoy reading and appreciate so much your comments.