Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thought to Ponder

"And they were  watching Him to see if He would heal on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him"
Mark 3:2

God invaded His house, and in His compassion He healed a man with a withered hand....but the leaders knew they had to ressert their own control even if it meant killing Jesus.  The Scripure does not say how the congregation responded but I doubt it was one of rousing applause. 

Which leads me to how would I have reacted..  I am the temple of the Holy Spirit.    Do I reflect enough of Christ that someone hurting would be attracted to me in the expectation that healing would flow into their places of pain?  If I am, shouldn't my life be so ordered by Christ that I can be interrupted so that His love and power can be used at all times?  How often do I push Him and others away because I WANT to be in control of my time.  Of course, not intentionally but in many suddle ways I can say "not right now just another minute..therefore, pushing Him aside just like the leaders of the Church in His day......

Thought to ponder:  He wants me available 24/7.....can I do that?  Will I do that?...



Hugs and blessings,
Nancy

6 comments:

  1. I want to be available. And when I don't I want to want to be available. :) If I am honest, I fear there is still too much of me. But we are working on that!! :)

    Hugs my dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I want to be willing and available to whatever HE wants for me too! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Open my eyes Lord to see the opportunities that are all around me. May I be sensitive to the leading of Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for the Divine appointments You have blessed me with. I want more of them. Father if I am distracted by something I shouldn't be, namely something that has no eternal value, quicken me in my spirit. Help me to keep my eyes focused on You and walk in Your ways. Thank You for blessing me with this reminder through Nancy. May Your hand of favor and blessing be upon her this day. In Jesus' precious Name I pray. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. your post is as always full of humanity... congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. This scripture about the healing of the withered hand was really meaningful to me tonight, Nancy...it's 12:32 AM my time, so yeah, He sure is using you "24/7", just thought you'd be encouraged to know that...

    Prayed last night that God would heal a "withered" place in my life, so to "tune in" here and see that same scripture referenced, well, just was a sweet morsel of manna tonight...

    Thanks Nancy...so glad to have this new "stream" in my life......

    Peace peace peace,
    H : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Nancy! This hit me between the eyes! It's easy to think you leave yourself available to God, but then realize that other things have taken his place throughout the day and before you know it. I'm so thankful that He is patient and always there by our side waiting on us to get it. He is so awesome and so is your digital art.

    Special hugs,
    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. I enjoy reading and appreciate so much your comments.