Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Sweet Blogging Friends,
We are all mothers rather to our own children or to someone else's or rather we nuture the individuals we come in contact with everyday......I pray you will have a blessed day and feel the deep and abiding love that God provides to His children....that you will have a day of peace, joy and deep contentment.

This is a fabric collage I did when my youngest when off to college because I was having a really hard time adjusting to not having children at home.....I missed them so much...I will never forget where I was when I felt God gave me this image.....The dark blue at the bottom represents all the deep emotions that I had as a Mother and how they were holding me back from freeing my children...of course the black form is me, the two butterflies represent my two children, the yellow is God's light and the orange and purple represent adulthood....In other words, I am rising out of a sea of deep emotions to release my children into adulthood and into the direct light of God's plans for them.It was very theraputic for me at the time and I still hold this piece close to the heart......




We met their needs when they couldn't, we guided them into the light we knew at the time, we cried when they were hurt and laughed when they were happy, we encouraged them when they lost and took pride in their accomplishments....we prayed for God to guide and protect them and we loved them with all the love that was inside of us..  Then we released them to fly and continue to pray for them that they will have the courage to fly the course that God designed for them before the beginning of time.
Jermiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declared the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Happy Mother's Day to each of you and God's richest blessings on you

Hugs and Blessings,
Nancy

9 comments:

  1. That piece is beautiful, even if I didn't know the story behind it. The story makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I wont to to say happy mother day an all the mother of the world in especially my... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy this is a wonderful piece!

    I am kind of there with my youngest getting ready to go off to college in the fall.
    She chose Campbellsville University in KY btw.

    I have such mixed emotions about it!

    Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love it! What other treasures do you have hidden that I need to see - my sweet/talented/friend/partner? Have a Happy Mother's Day and let's make a collage with the two of us on it soaring! Love ya, Pattigain

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous fabric collage! and i can see that God was certainly working through your hands.....i love all of the thought and symbolism that are present here! i hope you have a beautiful mother's day!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful collage...love using art as therapy and a coping mechanism! works every time!

    beautiful sentiments!

    ciao bella
    have a lovely weekend!

    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ever so happy to make your acquaintance! Thank you for stopping by so that I could come enjoy your lovely blog. I LoVe this image and the symbolism. Beautiful. **blows kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you do in fabric is just amazing, talk about collaging!
    Re your comment on my blog, there is always a story behind what I create, I guess I should include that when I post :-) I've done just that with my latest post, Keyhole In time.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your collage is very touching. It shows perfectly a mother's heart. I'll be releasing one of my own butterflies this weekend, and it hurts! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love yours and will definitely be back. I'm checking out The Potter's House as the site for a future getaway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. I enjoy reading and appreciate so much your comments.